CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Full Blown Anxiety Attack!

So, its true. I had my first literal anxiety attack tonight. I couldn't breathe and I couldn't talk. It felt like a heart attack. Let me tell you what went down.
We went to Wal-Mart tonight to look for a chick flick for me and a family movie to watch. We were all browsing the movies when I turned around and Ben was gone. I'm talking like 5-10 seconds. I had JUST seen him and heard him talking about a different movie. Nope, no where in site. I started calling for him, thinking he was just around the corner at the other side of the display. Nope. Toys? Nope. Baby music player? Nope. Everywhere we looked in the close vicinity was empty. I started getting looks because i was yelling for my kid. We were running around for about 3 minutes before I really started to panic. He literally wasn't anywhere we could find. I was running around probably literally screaming for him. People started looking around for a stray kid too. I ran into a friend and i told her that we couldn't find Ben. At this point, i started to not be able to breath or talk. I couldn't catch my breath and i started to cry. She pushed me towards CS to alert the store and started to run around looking for him like Toby was. I ran up to the counter, totally cut everyone off and told them i couldn't find my son. They immediately got on the walkie talkies and told all employees "Stop what you're doing, we have a kid." They gave the description and now i had to wait. I was standing at the front of the store, just in case, and every bad TV show worst case scenario ran through my mind. I was terrified that in the 3 minutes we were looking for Ben that he was taken out of the store and gone forever.
   Then, all of a sudden, the beautiful words of "We found him. He's right there" were uttered. Yes, the cliched scene of mother running up to child throwin her arms around him and squeezing him tight right there, it all happened. I was almost to the point of sobbing, i was so happy to see him.
"Ben, where did you go?"  "Mommy, I wanted to see the fishies" Argh! I could kill him if i wasn't so happy to see him. Silly boy. Now, i had to find Toby and my friend. As i walked around trying desperately to cross paths, others were looking at me funny, until i told them that we found him. (they were probably trying to decide if i was the kidnapper or not.) As we walked around, other customers shared grateful words that he was found. They had apparently heard on the walkies the description and we looking too. What a great place we live in. I've been  a little to lenient with letting Ben play a little to much in the store. That will not happen again. Lesson learned.
Literally 5-10 seconds where i didn't not have him directly in site, and he was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STORE. Not kidding, all the way through electronics, baby, home decorations, etc, AND food. Crazy boy. He now knows to ASK to go see the fish. (We also taught him to kick and scream and bite anyone who tried to take him. Except employees who are helping him find us).
:) all is well, now!

4 pieces of love:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you found him! Ben is likely a little older than Chloe, but I seriously can't let her go for a second or else she runs off. Glad that everyone was so kind and helpful and HONEST! That is always such a good thing! Thanks for sharing because I sometimes wonder if I am too strict with Chloe, and this only makes me want to keep an eye on her even more!

Haley said...

Glad all is well, that is so scary!

Melody said...

Wow, how terrifying! I'm glad that everything turned out ok! :)

Erica & Benjamin said...

holy scary!!!!!!!! I'm glad you got him back all safe and sound :)

Wanna show some love?

I love comments! Feel free to comment as much as you want! All comments are welcome, they make me feel so loved!!