Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello, Utah!

So, Thursday of last week I get this text from my Uncle in Utah, telling me that my Grandma and Grandpa Call would be coming into town the next day and staying for the weekend. How excited was I? SUPER excited! We had planned on going down to Utah for a visit, but decided we couldn't afford it at the time. But, we had also agreed that if my grandparents ever visited Utah again, we would do everything we could to go see them; its not like I"m gonna take my 3 kids on a road trip to New Mexico, its like 16 hours from here. Oh, and its been 2 years since I've seen them since Ben and I made the trip (by plane) for his first birthday: meaning, they've never met the girls!
    Anywhoo... We decided to keep it a secret that we were coming, and boy was it a surprise for them when they walked in the door of my Uncle's place. Priceless. My AUnt June and Uncle Gary drove them up from NM, and they were tickled to see them, too!
Did I mention that I got to meet my Uncle's new wife for the first time? They've been married for a few years, and even though we only live 4 hours apart, we've never gotten together! Bonnie is awesome! Its a little strange visiting a different house with a different family, but honestly, they're all awesome! I got to meet a few of my new "step"-cousins, and they're really fun! Logan is older than me by a few years, and is hilarious. He's an apprentice homeless man. Enough said. I also met.. aw crap, I think his name is Levi, but I do know that his wife's name is Stacey and their little girl is Stella. Oh, and I met Maria. She's the best. She's going on a mission to Costa Rica next month. I'll really miss her, even though I've only know her a few days.
   I did get to see a few other cousins that I haven't seen in a few years. Jessie and Paul with their baby Evelyn, and my cousin Chris.
   It was only a few days, but it was a fun packed few days! We had so much fun, even though some parts were definitely not fun. Here are a few:
- On the way down, there was traffic and babies crying for almost 45 minutes.
- Addison did not want to sleep AT ALL! It was so hard to try and get her to sleep whenever she was laid down. I literally got about an hour of sleep that night. The next night, she started doing the same thing, and I was about to sleep on the basement couch, when I found a space heater in the closet, so I decided to give it a try. Well, it worked like a charm, she fell RIGHT. TO. SLEEP!!! It was amazing! I slept so good that night. Peyton woke once, but slept pretty good after that.
- Ben had a complete meltdown the last night there. He needed to finish his dinner before he was allowed to have his dessert, but he would not eat his last two bites. He held that piece of chicken in his mouth, crying for about 15 minutes. It would of been funny if he could cry silently. Everyone was pretty cool with it, though!
- Lastly, Peyton decided to upchuck her lunch all over herself on the Interstate. Toby had trouble keeping his down too after that. We spent a good bit of time at a rest stop with a pack of wipes. Our car still smell of curdled milk and Spanish Rice.
 So, here are some pictures from the weekend. Some were taken at my great-Aunt Thella's birthday party. Lots of extended family, whose names are beyond me.
 Aunt June and Toby with Peyton and Ben
My Grandma call and Addison

 My Grandpa Call and Addison
Family at Aunt Thella's party

 My grandparents and some of their great grandkids!

 Me and my grandparents, and Ben had to be in it!

1 pieces of love:

Butler Family said...

looks like you guys had so much fun. Glad you could go

Wanna show some love?

I love comments! Feel free to comment as much as you want! All comments are welcome, they make me feel so loved!!