CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Family: Its About Time.

So, this is the first time in a while that I've been able to talk or write about this. Its very personal and it has shook me hard. Probably even harder then when the girls were born. It has been very hard to deal with, but I need to write down my thoughts and feelings or they will just fester.
    This last February, my friend Lucas Pyeatt was killed while deployed to Afghanistan. He was there only a little while when it happened. It was a very unexpected phone call. I'll never forget it.
    I met Luke when we moved to VA. He was a senior when Bryan was a sophomore and I a freshman, but we knew him from our ward at church. He was always a good friend, always there to talk to or to hang out with. I guess my memories mostly consist of us hanging out after Mutual and talking them maybe getting a gang together to go get something to eat. I also remember how passionate he was about playing in the orchestra. The thing I will always remember about Luke is how much he loved his family!
    Its been really hard accepting the fact that I'll never talk to him again in this life, or see his funny pictures or posts on facebook. Its been a struggle to think about how much pain we all have in our heart for those who knew him and miss him like crazy! So, I'll say this, Luke, thank you for all the memories and fun times. Thank you for being my friend. Peace, my friend, peace. Eventually, I will make it to Arlington to visit you.

0 pieces of love:

Wanna show some love?

I love comments! Feel free to comment as much as you want! All comments are welcome, they make me feel so loved!!