CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm back!! i think.....

Hey, I know its been awhile since I last posted. Its been one crazy ride. Anyways, here's whats been going on:

1. We found out we have to move. Again. We moved into this place in December and now they are converting it back to single student housing. So, we searched and found a place that was still in the same ward and it was also converted single housing, and one stairwell was devoted to families and they were all in our ward. It was gonna be so awesome! Anyways, today we went to talk to them about our move in date and they informed us that they would no longer be letting families stay there. So now, with 2 weeks left before we HAVE to be out of here, we have to find a new place. and guess what? WE DID! its an amazing new place. a tiny bit smaller but we really really really love it. I'll post more about that later!

2. Ben turned 4!!! Hes such a cute kid! At first he wanted a Mickey Mouse party but it ended up being Spider-man, just like last year. We have some friends over from our neighborhood. We colored pictures of spider-mans villains then took them outside and sprayed them with silly string (aka spider webbing) then threw water balloons at them (and each other). Then we played pin the spider on the spider web. The food was: red and blue kool-aid, spider cookies, pretzel webs, red and blue lemon jellos. I made a blue cake with red frosting and Toby drew a picture of Spider-man's face. Pictures to come later!

3. Ben took swim lessons. He did so great and had so much fun! He passed everything and can move on to the next level. Probably next year.

4. The girls started speech therapy. They are doing awesome! They learn at least 15 new words a week.. maybe a few less. They love saying no, shoes, ben, please, water, nana, daddy, and mommy. those aren't the only ones they say, but those are their favorites!

5. Toby started an internship in SLC. He takes the bus up every morning (to save on gas and he can sleep on the way). He's working on a project to find natural gas. He loves it.

6. The suburban broke down on us. we didn't drive it for over a month and I really missed it. I love my big, fat car!! the brakes would grind super terrible and it wouldn't brake great. we took it in and it cost an arm and a leg to fix. but its working again and I'm happy for it!

7. Our best friends from Rexburg came to visit. Seth and Kate had a family wedding and stayed with us for a week. Luckily we still had this place and even with all 5 of them and 5 of us, it didn't feel crowded! Nathan roomed with Ben; Lexi roomed with the girls, and Anya Seth and Kate took the spare room.  They had lots of family activities, but we were able to spend all Friday with them. We all hung out at Seven Peaks and it was super awesome fun. We really have missed them so much. We've been great friends since pretty much the time we moved to Rexburg (which was practically our whole marriage). It was a blast seeing them. We hope to see them again soon, to visit them!!

8. We celebrated 5 years of marriage! Its been the best, most trying, craziest, most wonderful 5 years ever. I can't believe that I could be so happy. Toby is the most thoughtful, wonderful, amazing man ever. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my heart. He knows me so well and I love him so much! He is my best friend and I can tell him anything. If I believed in sould mates, he'd be mine.
We celebrated by going to Texas Roadhouse and flirting up a storm, then snuggling in a movie. We took photo booth pictures just like we did on our first anniversary. they turned out so adorable. What I didn't know was that they played a video of your entire time in the booth, on a big screen outside for everyone to see. How embarrassing? gah! oh well, the pictures were super amazing! I love this guy!

9. July 4th was a fun day! Seth and Kate were here and we all hiked to the parade on University Ave. it was lot of fun, but really hot and I had to run to the BK close by and buy a bunch of water! All the kids loved the horses and there were even llamas. the beauty queens waved and blew kisses and loved it when Ben blew them back.Then we had a BBQ with my cousin, and a block party with our friends. All great food, fun people and sweet fireworks. 100% fun day.

10. Next things that are gonna be going on are:
    1. moving
    2. little brother staying with us for 7 weeks
    3. parents coming to visit
    4. Ditch kids with said parents to spend a day and night away together
    5. school starting again and Toby interviewing for internships for next summer
    6. My first niece on my side will be here in October.

That's the update for now!

0 pieces of love:

Wanna show some love?

I love comments! Feel free to comment as much as you want! All comments are welcome, they make me feel so loved!!